Ivy is starting to develop her own little personality and that has been super fun to watch. She's very cute...and is starting to show a feisty side as well!
1. Ivy has always been pretty good at entertaining herself. Overall, she has been much less clingy to me than Brynn ever was and, honestly, that has been a refreshing change. She also has not had a lot of stranger anxiety-for about the whole first year of her life. Lately, she is developing a little more of this and definitely has also starting developing a preference for me. She does not like it when I hold another baby!
2. I love watching her mimicking things that she has seen one of us do...putting certain things in their right place, trying to put socks or shoes, clothes, or bows on, folding her arms during prayers, blowing kisses, etc. She seems to be an observant little one and I am often surprised by the things I see her trying to do.
3. She still generally takes 2 naps each day and they have turned into regular length naps-like a couple hours or so. Sometimes she sleeps in and just doesn't get tired in the morning and on those days she just takes one longer afternoon nap. Often her second nap is late afternoon but even when she sleeps until 6:30, she is still tired by 8:30 for bedtime. She usually sleeps through the night but is also known to wake up at around 5:00, have some milk, and then go back down until 8:00 or so.
4. I have never been able to keep socks or shoes on Ivy. If she doesn't take them off at home, they come off as soon as we get in the car and she is buckled in her seat. If we are just staying home, I rarely even bother with socks.
5. Gives big, slobbery, open-mouthed kisses. Also blows kisses.
6. I still rock her to sleep for naps and bedtime but about 50% of the time, she's still awake when I lay her down. She is very capable of putting herself to sleep. She uses a binky to get to sleep.
7. She is still an excellent eater. She has started forming some preferences lately but will generally each just about anything. For breakfast she'll eat a scrambled egg the best but will also do pancakes or just cereal with some milk. For lunch, she really loves ramen noodles (Brynn's favorite) but will also eat cheese quesadillas or just ham and cheese. Dinner is whatever we're having for the most part. She'll eat pears, peaches, thawed peas, rice, cooked carrots, yogurt, applesauce, cottage cheese, mandarin oranges (she loves clementines or cuties), pasta and she just discovered grapes and strawberries and enjoyed those a whole bunch. Hopefully this eating anything trend continues! She also made the transition from breast milk to whole milk without a hitch and takes her milk in a bottle a few times each day. She likes it warm like the rest of my kids.
8. She has been saying mama and dada for a long time now but I haven't really felt like she was saying them in the context of I'm mom and Justin's dad. I think just these last few days though, she has been saying dada and saying it while she's referring to Justin. So I think I'll officially say that her first word is "dada."
9. She has been much more vocal about things she's not happy with: diaper/clothing changes, when something gets taken away, when she's restricted from entering a certain room (read: the bathroom), or when I don't pick her up right when she wants me to.
10. With the warmer weather, we have taken her out a little bit more for walks and it's no surprise that she loves being outside. We are all getting antsy for full-on spring and then summer!
11. Ivy doesn't show a lot of interest in TV but she will watch Baby MacDonald for a little bit. She's also discovered Elmo videos on YouTube because that's how she lets me comb her hair.
We love our Ivy!

Comments
Post a Comment