Skip to main content

all about Stockton

Stockton has three loves right now as a 17-year-old boy. First, baseball. Playing ball and watching MLB. Nothing new here. He has enjoyed playing with a new coach at the new high school this summer and is looking forward to starting up in earnest this fall. He was able to attend a college recruitment camp a few weeks ago and really liked that. If possible, he would seriously consider playing ball at a junior college. He keeps an close eye on Major League Baseball, all teams but particularly the Braves. He knows players and stats and all the things. He will get home from wherever he has been and immediately ask if dad is home and where so he can share some random bit of sports news. I love it.

Stockton loves sports cars. He has been collecting little sports-car Legos for a while now and notices cars when we are driving anywhere. It is now to the point that I find myself noticing sports cars when I am driving around as well...something I have never done before! He loves driving his truck.

Stockton has been dating Bryn Danley since the end of October. They started talking after she came to our ward last summer for a family baby blessing-she noticed Stockton who was blessing the sacrament and asked another girl from our ward who he was. That got around to Stockton, who got her number from Hallie and texted her...and the rest is history. We have always told our kids to date different people in high school but that is not how he is choosing to do it. It's fine, we talked about it together and set some boundaries and expectations and it has been all good. She is so nice and supportive and she really takes care of him. Her family has been so good to him as well. We like her a lot and like her for him. It will be interesting to see where this relationship goes.  

Stockton got a job this summer working for Jason Grant, our good friend who is a contractor. Everyday for the month of June, he went off to work at 8 in the morning and worked until 4:30 in the afternoon. And it was hard work. It was wonderful for him and I was so happy he was learning some skills! He didn't have as much for Stockton to do in July so that was a bummer but it was great while it lasted and Stockton really seemed to enjoy working with his hands.

Stockton might almost be grown-up but I still make him clean his room if he wants to go anywhere with friends. He is pretty good at keeping this rule...good thing, because I don't think it would get clean if I didn't hold him to it! (This is the case for all my kids.) He does do his own laundry.  

When he is not hanging out with Bryn, he is with Kelton and Grahm. Their number one activity is to play basketball at the church. They are practicing for church ball this winter, which is a big deal! They occasionally drive down to Orem or go the the outlets in Park City. 

Stockton is currently serving as the first assistant in the priest's quorum. I am so grateful, for both him and Justin, that they get to work so closely together. He serves faithfully and does an awesome job magnifying his calling. It is great preparation for his mission, which is coming ever nearer.  

I've enjoyed watching Stockton's relationships with each of his sisters develop. He looks up to and admires Molly and I know he feels comfortable talking to her about whatever is on his mind. He teases Ivy endlessly but in way that makes it undeniable that he loves her and will protect her always. He makes up all sorts of nicknames for her, the most prominent one being "Buster" or "Biscuit" and she hates it but he will not stop. He and Brynn are pretty different so it's to be determined what their relationship will be, but he is always supportive of her. 

We are just one day from the start of Stockton's senior year of high school. He is going to be the first graduating class of Deer Creek High School, which will be pretty cool for him. This is what his schedule is for the first term: Biology 1010 (college course), Seminary, US Government, Spanish (hoping to do this online so he's not with a bunch of freshmen), Jewelry (signed up for this so he could take it with Bryn), Woods 3, Economics (concurrent enrollment), and he has a couple of free periods as well. He's considering Math 1050 and he wants to do a weights class with the baseball coach. So we'll see how those go! Buckle up, I have a feeling this year is going to go by way too fast!

I can always tell when Stockton gets bored because that's when he emerges from his room to play with Ivy. A lot of times it's basketball with his mini hoop but they'll jump on the tramp or he'll set up something with cars.

Stockton's birthday interview:

Favorite color: blue
Favorite movieMoneyball
Favorite breakfast: cereal
Favorite dinner: curry
Best friend: Bryn, Kelton, Grahm
Favorite TV show(he doesn't really watch TV, most of his screen time is spent watching baseball games or highlights from baseball games)
Favorite scripture/scripture story: armies of Helaman 
Favorite book: Sports Illustrated
Favorite game: baseball
Other kids think about me: that I'm cool
What do you like about your Mom? she takes care of me
What do you like about your Dad? talks about sports with me
What do you like about Molly? I can do fun things with her
What do you like about Brynn? she's funny
What do you like about Ivy? she has cool nicknames
What do you like about yourself? I'm nice
When I grow up I want to be/do: have a house and a cool car
I like learning about: baseball/sports
I want to go to: Italy
If I had one wish it would be: that I could dunk
Favorite thing to do: sleep and hang out with friends
Favorite song: Tooth and Claw (not a song or an artist but a podcast)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brynn @ 18 months

Yes, you read that right.  Brynn is 18 months old!!  She is so fun to have around the house and I haven't done a post devoted just to her for a while, so I thought it was about time. -She loves books!  She was never really that interested until sometime in the past couple months and now she can't get enough.  Sacrament meeting went from impossible to we can make it through...as long as I pack enough books for her.  This is how I often find her at night or during nap time. -She also loves blankets and towels, although she is not particular about which blanket.  She just wants something soft. She wants to walk around all over with them wrapped around her...they don't stay very well and she gets frustrated.  For that reason, I try to keep her blankets out of sight during the day. They come out when it's time to sleep. -Like my other kids, she loves her warm milk!  Actually, she'll drink it cold too. -She is a quiet one, always has ...

Stockton's 16th birthday

Stockton turned 16 on Wednesday, June 25, 2025. We've always told him he has the best day to have a birthday but I don't think he was convinced this year. He was anxious to turn 16 and get his license...it really felt like it took forever to get here. I told Justin that Stockton had to wait so much longer than Molly to get his license and he said, "actually, it took the exact same amount of time", which is factually true, it just felt a lot longer with Molly getting her license September of her sophomore year and Stockton not getting his until after sophomore year, before junior year. But, it did eventually arrive and we did our best to celebrate. We did the family celebration the Sunday before, since it was Girl's Camp that week and Justin, Molly, and Brynn would all be gone on his actual birthday. We had his requested dinner, meatballs, and he opened his presents. He got his favorite treats (nerd clusters, sour patch watermelon, and cow tails) and a new bat th...

Kids pictures, Fall 2012

These pictures took a couple of tries to get them, the first appointment we had scheduled had to be canceled because it was so windy!  Luckily the weather held out for us, and even though it was quite chilly, the kids cooperated beautifully and the pictures turned out great! Molly, age 6 -likes to watch My Little Pony -is an awesome reader -loves breads/baked goods -happily plays whatever her siblings want to play -but also likes video games and making crafts/coloring/writing/drawing -is doing well in her gymnastics class -has so many friends -is excited about reading t he first Harry Potter -just started S enior Primary -en joys our piano lessons and gets excited to learn new songs       Stockton, age 3 -is on a superhero kick, loves to watch Avengers -but still loves his cars, especially playing them with Dad -loves warm milk -is a picky eater and has gotten even worse lately -loves to color -writes his loooong name like a...