We had gone up to Logan the Saturday before Spring Break to
watch a soccer game. Justin and I were making a drive the next day to San
Diego to watch Stockton play baseball so we dropped the girls in Plain
City on our way home. They spent Saturday-Monday in Plain City with
grandma and grandpa and cousins. They went on a hike on Sunday
afternoon after one hour Easter sacrament.
 |
| Brynn, Ivy, Josie, Grandpa |
 |
| Chloe, Harper, Tessa, Josie, Ivy, Brynn |
On Monday night they
drove to Midway, where my mom had booked a condo for any girls that were
around that week (which ended up being the Walker's, my mom, and Brynn
and Ivy). They swam at the condo pool that night and on Tuesday, they walked
around Midway, explored Old Town Park City, and did some shopping at the
outlets. My mom gave them each $20 to spend and they both found a
couple of cute things. |
| Brynn, Chloe, Tessa, Harper |
 |
| Josie and Ivy |
Originally, my mom was going to take the girls back to her house and I would go get them when we got home. She changed her plans to make life easier for me so, after shopping in Park City, she took them back to our house and stayed an extra day there with them. I had saved this resurrection garden craft idea for them from the Friend magazine so my mom took them to the dollar store and got all the supplies so they could each make one. They had a lot of fun just spending the afternoon crafting. My mom got them dinner and then she headed home, while the girls put themselves to bed expecting Justin and me late that night when they were sleeping.
Wasatch Baseball was heading to a tournament in San Diego
for Spring Break. They chartered a bus and left early Saturday morning. When they got
there, they hit the beach where they played sand volleyball and waded in
the ocean (coach didn't let them go all the way swimming out of caution).
 |
| Stockton is 5th from left in the middle row |
Justin and I were not originally planning on going but, after hearing
that pretty much all other parents were going to be there, we changed
our minds last minute. We left after sacrament meeting that Sunday and
made the 10-11 hour drive to San Diego, where we had rented a little
apartment the night before, haha! That meant we were there to cheer the
boys on the first game Monday morning, which they won. We had spent some time exploring Old Town before the game.
 |
| #18 - second from left |
After the Monday game, we went to Balboa Park, watched the last couple of innings of the varsity game, and ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant. We watched the third Knives Out movie at the apartment that night.Before Tuesday's game, we went to La Jolla and walked along the beach, saw some tide pools, and went to the temple (which was closed, boo).
Stockton pitched the first 3 innings at the game that afternoon, which they also won. We were planning on eating our leftovers from the night before for dinner but discovered we were only 4 minutes from the amazing tacos in Oceanside we had last summer so we stopped and got a few for a pre-dinner "snack".  |
| I am FaceTiming the girls here |
They also won their game on Wednesday and Justin and I left for home right after that game finished. We drove straight through, only stopping if we absolutely had to, and got home to sleeping girls around midnight that night. Stockton played one more game on Thursday (also a win) but we had to watch that one on our phones from home. He played second base that game and made some solid plays. Baseball has been extremely frustrating this year, so political with coach blatantly playing favorites, so I was really glad we were able to be there for him. It has been important this year for me to make sure he always has a supportive face in the crowd to either cheer him on or as someone he can vent to after the game.

The girls still had a couple of days of Spring Break. On Thursday, I had to go to work in the morning and then I played a little bit of catch-up around the house when I got home. Ivy and I did finish this puzzle we had started a couple of weeks earlier. Puzzle #9 for 2026!
The worst trick of Spring Break was getting a whole lot of snow. I had to send this to Stockton, who was still in sunny San Diego. 
On Friday I took the girls spring-clothes shopping. We only do shopping twice a year (back-to-school and spring) and I genuinely enjoy these days. I had been with Stockton and other-Bryn earlier in March and Molly did hers in Logan.Brynn and Ivy dyed Easter eggs on Saturday morning while I prepped some food and cleaned bathrooms and while we all listened to Conference. They did a shaving cream/food coloring method I clipped out of a magazine and it made really pretty marbled eggs. Creamed eggs was on the menu! They also made slime and Brynn got good at making some pretty big slime bubbles!

Justin had been at work that day but once he got home, we drove up to Plain City for my mom's Easter party. Can't miss this tradition! My mom had fun games for the kids (and adults, if they were willing), dinner, and an egg hunt (one for kids and another for adults). Such a great time.
Easter morning was also Conference Sunday. We had our traditional sticky bun breakfast with ham and cheese eggs, bacon, fruit, chocolate milk, and my mom's bottled grape juice. There was a little time for the kids to hunt for their baskets before conference started. The Goodrich Easter bunny just does candy.
We listened to conference together and, as soon as it was over, they hunted for chocolate eggs. Their gift from Justin and me was a state parks pass for the summer. We figure Molly will especially use it a whole bunch, with her new paddle board. 
 |
| Justin was ironing our new curtains |


Then it was in the car again for a drive to Gene and April's. We listened to the afternoon session together, had dinner, and another little Easter hunt. I sure love this happy holiday! I am thankful that we were able to spend time with family and listen to modern-day prophets while we celebrated the life and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ!
Comments
Post a Comment