Puzzle #6 for 2026
Puzzle #7 for 2026
(Justin and Ivy did both of those puzzles and I didn't do a single piece.)
Ivy had her first clogging competition on Brynn's birthday. She did great and she had fun. She spent a lot of time practicing at home and I'm excited to see her growth in this sport.
| Ali Robinson and Ivy |
| back right, next to coach Adison Hillstead |
| Stockton and Bryn Danley |
Brynn was anxious to get her permit after turning 15. Her birthday was on a Saturday and then the soonest after that that I could get her in to take the test was the following Wednesday. She had been studying and taking practice tests, and she passed on her second try. So I find myself teaching another kid to drive, yikes! She is doing a pretty good job, she is very cautious and we are taking it slow (so far only driving on back roads which is completely fine with me).
The kids had two days off at the end of the term and Justin took advantage...he had called two couples to plan a youth conference retreat in St. George for the long weekend. They had rented a huge house from Thursday-Saturday. They did baptisms at the St. George temple, hiked some staircase that I had never heard of, swam in the very nice house pool for all of Friday, and did a hike on Saturday morning before driving home. Of course, there were devotionals and testimonies too. It was very successful and Justin was a happy dad/bishop that it went so well.
Justin's birthday was the Saturday that they were coming home. I sent one of the leaders with candy bars and a poster board and the youth made him a candy bar poster for his birthday.
| this is Stockton jumping in the watering hole on the hike |
Ivy and I were home together for the long weekend. She had been sick that week so we spent the bulk of our time relaxing and watching movies. It was wonderful. We finished this puzzle, #8 for 2026.
The only "productive" thing we did that weekend was make Justin's birthday Twinkies. Ivy did every step on her own, with a little bit of supervision from me. She was so proud.
As soon as Justin got home from St. George (on his birthday), the two of us turned around and headed down to Salt Lake. My dad had gotten tickets to the Utah Mammoth hockey game for the adults (his brother, Craig, owns a suite). Justin has been to a couple of games but I had never been to one and it was really fun!
![]() |
| Justin and me, Jeff and Ali, Mom, Erin and Bryce, Dad, Erin and Christopher |
We celebrated Justin's birthday at home the next day. We had bibimbap for dinner. The kids gave him a treat that they picked out for him, something they thought was a favorite of his (Molly: almond joy, Stockton: gushers, Brynn: cow tails, Ivy: symphony bar). I gave him an English/Korean Book of Mormon, where the verses are in columns right next to each other so you can compare the languages. I thought it was neat. The Webb's came over for Twinkies and Parker taught us a fun game. I got this picture right as everyone was going to bed. We love this guy who does so much for our family and for so many other people. He has a lot on his plate and we appreciate him.
Ivy had an activity day's activity where they were supposed to wear a piece of clothing from an ancestor and tell a story about it. I gave her a few options of things I had but we ultimately borrowed this sweater from Grandma Kay. This was the first present my dad gave to my mom when they started dating, in high school. Ivy told about that and about my mom going to church by herself all of her childhood and teenage years and how she set a goal from a young age to only get married in the temple. (Apparently, there was a skirt that coordinated with the sweater but my mom didn't keep that, darn it!)
Molly tried out, and made, the Utah State Women's Club Soccer Team. It has been a good way for her to stay active and keep playing soccer in a more relaxed environment. They practice a couple of times a week, have a student-coach, and have had a handful of games this spring. We've been able to go to a few and love seeing that AGGIE logo across her chest. I think she's had fun and is glad she did it but we will see if she does it again this fall. It feels like her heart is not in soccer too much anymore, which is fine. It's been great watching her continue to play this year and I'm glad she will be able to be done, when she officially calls it quits, on her own terms.
| with Grandpa and Grandma Moyes |
| with Grandpa and Grandma Goodrich |
| Ari Apostol, Brynn, Brook Moore, Oakley Keys, Abby Hansen |
Results came out Friday night at 11:00 PM. The girls wanted to be together when they got their results-risky, but it's what they wanted. Thankfully, they all made it! Yay! I am so excited for this next year of cheer. This new coach seems awesome and ambitious and I think they will be able to accomplish big things!
| Abby, Brynn, Ari, Brook |
| Taya and Molly |

Comments
Post a Comment