We started Halloween festivities with my mom's party in Plain City. Justin had this Buddy the Elf costume that he got last Christmas for fun and the kids begged me to get a Jovie costume and dress up with him. So I did and we went to the party in style! Along with us, we had: Molly who didn't dress up, Stockton who found a chicken costume in my mom's bin, Brynn who wore my zebra onesie, and Ivy who was little red riding hood.

The party did not stray from tradition: games, pumpkins, dinner, trick-or-treating, spook alley, COUSINS. My kids would hate to miss this, they always have such a great time!




 |
| Jeff, Erin M., Ivy, Josie, Lucy, Ali, Seth |
 |
| Ben, Stockton, Molly, Grant, Tessa, Brynn, Harper |
 |
| Molly and Lucy |


Molly's team had a costume practice. She did a group costume with the other teammates from her dorm room. I had to ask her who they
were. She said they were characters from the Lorax. They look so funny! I saw a
few people dressed as the Lorax this year so it was a randomly popular
costume.  |
| Emry Stott, Haygen Haycock, Molly |
Brynn's team also had a dress-up practice. You can spy two Loraxes in the group, told you it was popular! Brynn wore some sort of fish costume which coordinated with her stunt group but I am not sure how.
 |
| she's poking her head up in the middle in the back |
Ivy was the only one who dressed up for school on Halloween Day. She informed me this would be the last time she dressed up for school, which I had already assumed, sniff sniff. It turned out to be a day of lasts for her (and for me). I attended my last Halloween parade at the school that morning. More sadness.

And the last Halloween class party. I volunteered to do a craft. Ivy had picked Halloween fortune tellers that the kids could color, cut, and fold. It was easy. I had my hands full with that but Brynn had wanted to come with me so bad that I let her and she took some pictures of Ivy at the other stations. |
| Ivy's about third in from left, standing |
Justin doesn't usually dress up for work, but this year he did! I'm sure all those AFCU members loved going into their local Heber branch and finding Buddy the Elf behind the manager's desk!
Brynn and her friends had planned a fun Halloween night. They had coordinated their costumes to all be barn animals...a cow, a llama, a pig (Brynn), and a chicken. One of the other moms took their pictures at a barn in Midway. Then they came to our house where I had made taco soup, homemade scones, cherry jelly, honey butter, and cinnamon butter. They did a little bit of trick-or-treating and ended the night by watching a movie. They have so much fun together.
 |
| Ashlyn, Ari Apostol, Brook Moore, Brynn |
 |
| Brynn, Ashlyn, Brook, Ari |
 |
| Brook, Ashlyn, Ari, Brynn |
 |
| Brook, Ari, Ashlyn, Brynn |
Ivy had also made plans with her friends to go trick-or-treating together around Heber Meadows, the largest neighborhood in our ward. I was invited to come with them but Ivy told me next year she'll probably go by herself (another last). I actually tried to beg off halfway through and come back later to pick her up but she told me she really wanted me there. So I spent the whole night following them around. They had so much energy at the beginning and ran everywhere but tired out after a while and didn't even finish the last street. They ended up at Joanna's house to trade candy and watch a movie and I picked Ivy up an hour later where she came home and sorted all her goodies.
 |
| Ivy, Rocky Crane, Joanna Quinn, Kallie Gehring |

Comments
Post a Comment