We got slightly behind on our Valentine dinner dates. Ivy was next to go with Justin...she stuck with tradition and chose Mod Pizza. She sure loves that pizza! Looks like she enjoyed dessert as well. Silly girl.

Stake Conference means we get to sit by dad! We had a visiting authority and it was great but it was a weekend full of meetings...leadership meeting Saturday afternoon, adult session Saturday night, youth session early Sunday morning, general session, then a specially-requested meeting with bishops and their wives right after. With my new stake calling, I was able to attend all the meetings with Justin minus the youth meeting which was for youth and stake YM/YW leaders only (so Justin got to sleep in for once). I also had to usher the general session, haha.

And a picture of Justin with his employees, as of early November. There have been a few changes since this picture was taken, with some of his employees moving to different branches and some new hires. The upcoming changes being the reason for the dinner. Being a manager is stressful, it's hard to keep all those people happy, but Justin does a good job of managing his branch in Heber and over-seeing his three other branches (Park City, Orem, and Pleasant Grove)! Not to mention the community work they expect him to do, the project that he is heading, and the massive school project he is supposed to be working on. He is a busy man! |
Justin is in the back left corner-I am there too but didn't feel like I needed to be in the picture
|
Traditionally, our leaf-raking day has been the first Saturday in November-if the weather cooperates, which it did this year. I told all the kids they could not make any plans until the leaves were done. Justin and Brynn were involved with a youth planning meeting/breakfast at our house that morning and Stockton was doing a service project with the baseball team but Molly and I got out there around 10:30 to start the massive project. We got the whole front of the house raked into piles and had started on the back by the time everyone else was able to join us. It was an all day project. We were able to finish cleaning up from the tree we cut down at the beginning of the summer. And then we raked and raked and raked. We pulled a tarp all over the yard and raked our piles onto the tarp. Then we loaded the piles into the back of the truck and drove them out to the corner of the pasture fence. Stockton got some driving lessons. We ended around 6 and we were all exhausted. But it felt good to have a day's work behind us. For our family, this was our most successful leaf day to date...the kids were very cooperative and didn't complain.
 |
| Brynn, Stockton, Grahm Kelsey (who stayed for a little bit after the breakfast), Ivy |
Normal Sundays get long for Justin. He puts in a lot of work, usually 8+ hours at the church. He laid down one Sunday in the middle of the living room and was out cold in no time at all. We appreciate the service he willingly gives and how it blesses our family!
Brynn had a field trip at the Springville Art Museum. I didn't ride the bus but drove down and met her there. She was with a lot of her friends and they had a lot of fun together with all their silly poses. I told Brynn I would take her to lunch and drive her home but she wanted to stay with her friends and ride the bus home. So I drove back home on my own and blasted music by myself.
 |
Brynn, Mari Freeman, Briley Smith, Layla Baird
|
 |
Briley, Layla, Mari, Brynn
|

 |
Brynn is in the middle on the front row
|
Christmas tree time! I wanted it up early so it was done and cleaned up before we left on our Thanksgiving trip to Fiji. Justin was so nice to put it up for me one Friday night and then Brynn and Ivy helped me decorate it Saturday morning. We always laugh when we do the tree because on one side of our living room it is Christmas and on the other side, it is Thanksgiving. I love the whole season so it seems fitting.
The youth were able to go down to Orem and walk through the new Orem Temple. It was so pretty, they said, and Molly especially appreciated the beautiful artwork throughout the temple.
Since I didn't take the girls to the corn maze when I took Stockton, I promised them a girls outing...to the Taylor Swift Eras tour movie. Molly had been the opening weekend, of course, but Brynn and Ivy were anxious to attend, as was I. We had a great time. Brynn took tons of videos with my phone and Ivy danced around in the aisle. We all sang our hearts out. It was a great night! Justin made a point to get the Christmas lights put up before we left as well. That meant the two of us were out on the roof doing it the day before we left, when we maybe should have been packing. But it was a good day to do it, the sun was shining. Ivy helped a little when she got home from school but mostly it was the two of us busting it out.
Comments
Post a Comment