Skip to main content

Halloween

This holiday is ever-changing as the kids get older.  It is still as busy as ever, so much stuff packed into one single day!

Stockton went to school as a Braves baseball player.  He is not supposed to wear a hat to school on regular days, per instruction from Coach J, so left that off until he got permission to put it on later that morning.

Brynn took Molly's suggestion and dressed as Taylor Swift, one of her album outfits I guess.  Molly is so proud, she has got us all hooked on Taylor.

Ivy was dressed as Peggy Schuyler from Hamilton.  This was so random but she has been wanting to do this for a while.  She remembers so long ago when we watched the Hamilton movie on Disney+ and the girls talked about acting out the roles of the three sisters: Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy.  It's a few years later and no one else wanted to participate in a group costume but Ivy was happy to be Peggy without an Angelica or Eliza.  A lot of people thought she was Belle but that didn't bother her too much.

The older three kids got off to school and I finished getting Ivy ready.  As we were sitting at the bus stop I realized Stockton had an orthodontist appointment that morning...about 10 minutes from then.  So I called the school to check him out and had him start walking over to the office.  Good thing it's so close to the high school! I got to him when he was just a few minutes away and his appointment went smooth and I had him back at school shortly after.

I made it home, put together some dough for homemade scones, then ran over to the school to see the Halloween parade.  Yay Ivy/Peggy!

I went home and had a few hours before the next thing.  I got some cherry jelly made for the scones and I also made taco soup for those of us who eat that kind of thing.  That was Molly's request and the scones were my accommodation for my children who don't eat beans.  Then I went back to the school to help with the class party.  I had to leave early so I picked a haunted house worksheet the kids could do independently once I left.  I also had mini pumpkin cupcakes and clementines for them to snack on.

Then it was home for piano lessons.  The kids all got home.  And then everyone went their separate ways.  Molly had some friends over for scones and soup and then she went to one of the girls' house but I can't remember whose.  They didn't wear costumes or anything.  I think someone had an app where they could drive around and hunt ghosts.  Or something. I'm sure they had a great time, because they always do.

Stockton is done trick or treating, now that he is in high school.  He put on his second costume of the day and went to Sam Freeman's house for a party in their party barn.  His other friends also wore Hawaiian shirts so there was a theme going on.

Brynn went trick-or-treating with the group of friends she has been with the last couple of years.  They have been friends for years, most of them had all the same classes in elementary school.  They are good kids and have a lot of fun together.

Layla Baird in the black dress next to Brynn and Ellie Graff as the dalmation-I'm not recognizing the other kids in their costumes
Ivy saw her siblings going off with friends and thought, this year, she would like to do the same.  She really wanted to trick-or-treat with Gracen but she also wanted to go with me (yay!).  So we made it work so she could do both.  I took her to the neighborhood in our ward that we've done for a while.  We did an hour.  Justin met us when he was done with work and got to go for a little bit with her as well.  Then I took her to Gracen's neighborhood and they did a little bit more there.  It worked out well and everyone was happy.
Gracen Nalette and Ivy
Ivy and then Brynn came home and had to count their candy...100+ pieces for each of them!  A success!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brynn @ 18 months

Yes, you read that right.  Brynn is 18 months old!!  She is so fun to have around the house and I haven't done a post devoted just to her for a while, so I thought it was about time. -She loves books!  She was never really that interested until sometime in the past couple months and now she can't get enough.  Sacrament meeting went from impossible to we can make it through...as long as I pack enough books for her.  This is how I often find her at night or during nap time. -She also loves blankets and towels, although she is not particular about which blanket.  She just wants something soft. She wants to walk around all over with them wrapped around her...they don't stay very well and she gets frustrated.  For that reason, I try to keep her blankets out of sight during the day. They come out when it's time to sleep. -Like my other kids, she loves her warm milk!  Actually, she'll drink it cold too. -She is a quiet one, always has ...

Kids pictures, Fall 2012

These pictures took a couple of tries to get them, the first appointment we had scheduled had to be canceled because it was so windy!  Luckily the weather held out for us, and even though it was quite chilly, the kids cooperated beautifully and the pictures turned out great! Molly, age 6 -likes to watch My Little Pony -is an awesome reader -loves breads/baked goods -happily plays whatever her siblings want to play -but also likes video games and making crafts/coloring/writing/drawing -is doing well in her gymnastics class -has so many friends -is excited about reading t he first Harry Potter -just started S enior Primary -en joys our piano lessons and gets excited to learn new songs       Stockton, age 3 -is on a superhero kick, loves to watch Avengers -but still loves his cars, especially playing them with Dad -loves warm milk -is a picky eater and has gotten even worse lately -loves to color -writes his loooong name like a...

Christmas Advent 2012

Okay, here goes... Day 1: paint clay ornaments When we cut down trees this year there were a bunch of tops already cut down just lying on the ground so we took a couple home...one for Molly and Stockton's room and one for Brynn's room.  When the ornaments were dry I hung them on their little trees. Day 2: watch the Christmas Devotional (And eat Christmas corn!) Day 3: library story time Stockton was pretty nervous to see Santa but I think he was even more scared of not telling him what he wanted for Christmas.  He's smiling but it's a nervous smile!   Brynn had no reaction.   Day 4: Santa face craft   Day 5: Festival of Lights   Day 6: write letters to Santa Stockton: "Captain America" Molly: "an easy bake oven" & "a car for Molly"    Day 7: go shopping for cousin exchange and wrap presents Day 8: North Pole Express with Moyes family           ...