Ivy is still going strong in her love for princesses. She loves to dress-up...so much that if we have nowhere to go, I don't even bother getting her dressed because I know she's just going to put on a dress-up. If we do go somewhere, I get her dressed and she changes as soon as we get home. She can usually wear an outfit a couple of times before I think it's necessary to wash it. The good news with this stage is that I'm washing very little laundry for her!
I wish I could say that Ivy is a sweet little girl, but that's not usually the case. She can be, for sure, but she is also sassy and feisty. It is a struggle sometimes to encourage her to use nice words and a calm voice when talking to family.
She weighed 29 pounds and was 37 inches at her check-up. She actually lost a pound from last year. She is in the 6th and 14th percentiles. She seems big to me because I'm used to Brynn but she is on the smaller end of the spectrum.
We still do "Mom school" a few times a week. She has gotten better and better at manipulating the mouse and navigating around the site herself but I always sit with her when she does it.
We do storytime every Wednesday. She is a little shy and sticks close to my lap but she loves Miss Sally and loves finding princess books at the library when storytime is over.
Ivy is good at keeping herself entertained. She will move around the house playing with whatever looks fun to her. My favorite is the voices that she makes for different toys and people. If she knows you are listening, she will stop so you have to be a sneaky listener.
Ivy will list several names when you ask her who her best friends are but probably her favorite friend is Raylie Anderson. She comes over with her brothers after school and they play house. It is a cute relationship.
If Ivy doesn't like what someone is doing or saying to her, she will "freeze" them. She puts her hands in front of her and makes a swooshing noise toward the offending person. Then she gets upset if you move before she unfreezes you.
Ivy insists on falling asleep sitting up with her pillow against the headboard of her bed. Every night I go in and lay her down.
Ivy always want a midnight snack ("bidnight snack") after I tuck her in at night. Since I tuck her in first, I tell her that she can't have one until I've put all the other kids in bed. Hopefully she is asleep by the time I have made my rounds and helped the others clean up their rooms, get clothes set out for the next day, read books, chat, etc...but if she's still awake, I will get her a fruit snack. It's probably a bad habit but I am careful about picking my battles and that's not one I want to pick.
Her hair is getting so long and pretty! It has natural highlights in it that I love (Molly has the same highlights). However, she is probably my worst girl ever getting her hair combed. It is a daily struggle. She does love it when I put curlers in her hair for Sunday but I only have enough for one head of hair and she does not love having to take turns with Brynn.
Ivy's birthday interview:
Favorite color: pink and purple
Favorite movie: princess movies
Favorite breakfast:
Favorite dinner: broccoli and quesadillas with cheese
Best friend: every of my friends...Maive, Raylie, Zeyta, and Lydia
Favorite TV show:
Favorite scripture story: the Holy Ghost
Favorite book: princess books
Favorite game: the forest one I got for my birthday
Favorite story: princess
Other kids think that I am:
What do you like about your Mom? I like that you're my mom.
What do you like about your Dad? I like that he's my dad.
What do you like about Molly? She's my sister.
What do you like about Stockton? He's my brother.
What do you like about Brynn? She's my sister.
What do you like about yourself? I'm your daughter and their sister.
When I grow up I want to be: ballerina
I like learning about: church
I want to go to: princess land
If I had one wish it would be: it would be to see a princess
Favorite thing to do: play
Favorite song: Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam
Comments
Post a Comment