March 6--Finally! The first day we were able to play outside. It felt so wonderful!!
| Elise and Molly--notice the matching shirts. They were so excited when they discovered that they had the same shirt. |
I made this shamrock craft with Stockton. He'd rather play cars or superheroes but I think he agreed to this one because it involved marshmallows. I'm pretty sure he ate at least as many marshmallows as he glued to the paper, if not more!
We had Justin's birthday. He still requests the homemade twinkie tower.
Justin wanted to grow Stockton's hair long just to see what it would look like. He cut it last in September or October and then didn't do anything with it. It was getting so long! We liked it but it was time to be done with the long hair. It was bugging Stockton and he kept trying to push it off of his forehead. So he got a cut.
Before:
After:
It took a couple days for me to get used to him with short hair again! I probably prefer the shorter hair but I we might try the long hair again, maybe next winter. Who knows...
Molly had to memorize a Mother Goose rhyme and recite it in front of her class. And she had to do it in costume. She decided to memorize "The Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe." I am not very creative when it comes to costumes so finally the night before we decided to sew a few dolls to her apron and call it good. (The dolls representing her "so many children.")
We got a new nephew on March 28th. Grayson Aaron. He lives in Texas and we're not sure when we'll get to see him but he looks like a cutie!!
The day after the Mother Goose day was the egg drop. Molly put her egg between two rolls of toilet paper and secured it with duct tape. It cracked but she didn't seem too disappointed. Now we know what not to do and we got some good ideas for the next time!
Molly has been taking gymnastics this year and finally mastered a kick-over from a back bend. Her arms still aren't strong enough to support her so she kind of uses her head for support but, hey, close enough, right?
I almost didn't recognize Stockton with his long hair. I've tried to let my boys have longer hair, but it never lasts very long. They both have thick hair that just sticks straight out. Also I'm glad I saw this so that we can check Molly's blog. Lizzy said that Molly needed me to convince you to let Molly have a blog... I guess that isn't necessary. :) Lizzy will be excited.
ReplyDelete