Skip to main content

all about Brynn

When I think of Brynn, the first thought that comes to mind is her love of CHEER. It is her passion and she works really hard at it. She is just about to wrap up her fourth year of all-star with Tumble Central and it has been great, a super positive experience. There have been ups and downs but Brynn is just the type of person who rolls with everything, is generally happy, and continues to just keep loving life and loving cheer. This past year has been their strongest yet. They stayed at level 2 which allowed them to put together a technically strong routine that has pulled in the highest scores of the gym history and won them a spot at the Summit competition in Florida, a first in Tumble Central history. More about how they did at that later. Back in January, we started to think about the next cheer step for Brynn. High school or all-star? If all-star, stay with TC or go to a different gym and compete at a higher level? I had my own opinions but I tried to be very objective about what Brynn was thinking and leaning towards. TC has been a fabulous experience but she maxed out a couple years ago as far as difficulty/skill level and I was hoping she would try something new-either high school or a different gym. She was really hesitant to leave her gym and coaches and friends and so, for a while, she was set on staying where she was. So I was supportive of her decision, although I did tell her that it might possibly be the last year I would be willing to invest that much money for her to stay at the same level and she agreed. 9 days before high school tryouts, she was hanging out with Oakley and I got a text from her that said she had changed her mind and was trying out for high school. The next two weeks were a whirlwind as we figured out what she had to do to be ready for tryouts, going to the clinics, the tryouts, and then the wait to see if she made it. Which she did and she was so excited. It felt good and right to me and I'm excited for her and what will come next. She has had to juggle high school practice and all-star practice for the past month and that has been a lot but she has done well at managing the schedule. She is really excited to focus on high school cheer this summer and all next year. And I can't wait to cheer her on in all her endeavors!

Brynn's other love is make-up and skin care products. She is way more knowledgeable than me or Molly. She loves Sephora above any other store and can wander around for a long time-and she knows what everything is, which is the part that amazes me! She has a vigilant skin care routine that she follows morning and night. She's not overkill with her make-up and she has bought most all the products on her own or been gifted them so I think it's great and hopefully I'll learn a little from her one of these days!

Brynn has become really responsible with her stuff. She enjoys having a clean and organized room and rarely lets it get overly cluttered and messy. The flip side of this is the she only gets extra phone time if she is caught up with her homework and her room is clean. So this could be a contributing factor, although I think she would keep up with it anyway because she just likes everything to be organized.

Brynn is also good at planning her time...she hates being late to anything and would prefer to be early. (A girl after my own heart.)

Brynn does not love school. But she does a good job at keeping up with her school work. She'll be finished up with middle school this month (!!!) and moving on to high school so we'll see if she likes that any better. Her classes this semester have been math, science, english, and history along with yoga, dance, pottery, and teacher aide. I bet you can guess which classes she likes better than others.

Brynn loves little kids and loves to baby-sit. She baby-sits one family fairly regularly; or rather, they ask her fairly regularly for Friday nights and she does it when she is available. At church you can always find her carrying around one of the YW leader's baby. She is really cute with them and they adore her right back.

Brynn has been serving as her class YW President for a while now. She is probably close to being released but Justin said the last time they talked about it in a PPI, the counselor over her class didn't want to release her because she is "actually helpful". So I imagine she will stay in through the summer. We'll see. The classes changed a little at the beginning of the year and she was kept in the younger class, with the older class being high schoolers. Most of her friends are in the older class but she has had a really great attitude about it and is trying to fellowship the younger girls.

Brynn is not a reader and will tell you that she hates it. She does, however, listen to an audiobook every night to fall asleep. And she still wants me to read to her at night, when she's not getting to bed too late. So I guess I have to take what I can get.

Brynn is at that stage when friends trump everything else. And it is probably at its peak. She wants to be with her friends and doing what her friends are doing as often as possible. If my other kids hadn't gone through the same stage, I would maybe be annoyed but I know it's completely normal and that it will calm down. Her friends are cute and fun and nice so it's all good. She also has to have her room clean and homework done before friend time so she is usually staying on top of things, haha!

Brynn's birthday interview:

Favorite color: baby pink
Favorite movie: High School Musical
Favorite breakfast: crepes
Favorite dinner: curry
Best friend: Avi
Favorite TV show: Dance moms
Favorite scripture story: Daniel in the lion's den
Favorite book: Cake Pop Crush
Favorite game: Hello Neighbor game that we play around the house
Other kids think that I am: kind
What do you like about Mom: Too many things...helps me get ready in the mornings
What do you like about Dad: He's really supportive of everything I do
What do you like about Molly: She drives me places
What do you like about Stockton: He makes me food and he makes it fun when we hang out
What do you like about Ivy: She hangs out with me
What do you like about yourself: I think I'm pretty
When I grow up I want to be: hair stylist or cosmetologist
I like learning about: cheer
I want to go to: Bahamas
If I had one wish it would be: happiness
Favorite thing to do: cheer
Favorite song: I Love You, I'm Sorry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brynn @ 18 months

Yes, you read that right.  Brynn is 18 months old!!  She is so fun to have around the house and I haven't done a post devoted just to her for a while, so I thought it was about time. -She loves books!  She was never really that interested until sometime in the past couple months and now she can't get enough.  Sacrament meeting went from impossible to we can make it through...as long as I pack enough books for her.  This is how I often find her at night or during nap time. -She also loves blankets and towels, although she is not particular about which blanket.  She just wants something soft. She wants to walk around all over with them wrapped around her...they don't stay very well and she gets frustrated.  For that reason, I try to keep her blankets out of sight during the day. They come out when it's time to sleep. -Like my other kids, she loves her warm milk!  Actually, she'll drink it cold too. -She is a quiet one, always has ...

Kids pictures, Fall 2012

These pictures took a couple of tries to get them, the first appointment we had scheduled had to be canceled because it was so windy!  Luckily the weather held out for us, and even though it was quite chilly, the kids cooperated beautifully and the pictures turned out great! Molly, age 6 -likes to watch My Little Pony -is an awesome reader -loves breads/baked goods -happily plays whatever her siblings want to play -but also likes video games and making crafts/coloring/writing/drawing -is doing well in her gymnastics class -has so many friends -is excited about reading t he first Harry Potter -just started S enior Primary -en joys our piano lessons and gets excited to learn new songs       Stockton, age 3 -is on a superhero kick, loves to watch Avengers -but still loves his cars, especially playing them with Dad -loves warm milk -is a picky eater and has gotten even worse lately -loves to color -writes his loooong name like a...

Christmas Advent 2012

Okay, here goes... Day 1: paint clay ornaments When we cut down trees this year there were a bunch of tops already cut down just lying on the ground so we took a couple home...one for Molly and Stockton's room and one for Brynn's room.  When the ornaments were dry I hung them on their little trees. Day 2: watch the Christmas Devotional (And eat Christmas corn!) Day 3: library story time Stockton was pretty nervous to see Santa but I think he was even more scared of not telling him what he wanted for Christmas.  He's smiling but it's a nervous smile!   Brynn had no reaction.   Day 4: Santa face craft   Day 5: Festival of Lights   Day 6: write letters to Santa Stockton: "Captain America" Molly: "an easy bake oven" & "a car for Molly"    Day 7: go shopping for cousin exchange and wrap presents Day 8: North Pole Express with Moyes family           ...