Skip to main content

March

After baseball tryouts the last week of February, the team hosted their banquet on the 1st day of March. This always brings in a ton of money for the team. Stockton's so happy to be playing baseball every day.

Stockton in the 9th one in from the right on the front row--they all look the same!
On the 2nd day of March (a Sunday) it felt quite warm. Stockton was driving us home from church and he dropped us off at the top of our street and the two little girls and I ran home. It was wonderful and we felt hopeful that spring was going to be coming soon (of course spring is the biggest tease of all and we have had several winter-y days since).
One night at dinner, everyone decided to try to sit like Brynn. She is so nimble and flexible and can never just sit normal at the table. She was a good sport being teased like that and we all had a good laugh at her expense.

Molly got asked to Prom. She will be going with Carter Duncan in April. Her last high school dance! It sounds like she has a fun, laid-back group and so she is excited for this one.

"I would be a dum-dum if I didn't ask you to prom"

Ivy had her clogging competition. This was highly anticipated! Justin and I were so excited for her to have her very own "day"...after all the soccer games, baseball games, cheer comps...it was finally her turn. She had such a great day. She competed in hip hop and clogging and hung out with Ali before, between, and after. I think they got third but I'm still trying to figure out how the judging works. Ivy was very happy and that was the important part. Such a great day.

Ali Robinson and Ivy
Ivy's on the far left

Justin was given last-minute hockey tickets from work. Ivy didn't want to go and I didn't really care to go. Brynn had other plans. So the four tickets were used by Justin, Molly, Stockton, and Stockton took his friend, Payton. The seats were way closer than when Justin and Stockton went in January. They had a blast.

Stevie Nicks
Billy Joel-these two had tickets to attend his concert in May but he postponed it for a whole year and they were super bummed
boo for Josh Groban haha
Jelly Roll??? Hmmm...
Payton Western, Stockton, Justin, Molly

We had two random days off of school in March for end of term/teacher work day. Our stake took advantage of the free days and did a two-day youth conference. The first day they had all the wards going to temples across the Wasatch front and everyone got to go to two temples.  Molly went to Ogden and Layton, Brynn went to Ogden and Bountiful, and Stockton went to two temples but I honestly can't remember which two. As a combined stake youth group, they baptized more that 2,000 people-an entire stake! This was my kids' favorite part. I only got pictures back from the women leaders, which is pretty typcial.

Hayley Rose, Kiley Allen, Brynn, Hallie Whimpey
Rome Perotti, Easton Andersen, Emma Stinebaugh, Sam Steiner, Carly Steiner, Lily Chappell, Mahala Speredon, Molly, Pallas Andersen, Hayley, Kiley, Lauren Whimpey, Brynn, Hallie, Alayna Munford, Levi Jones, Bracken Holm

Sam, Lily, Carly, Lauren, Kiley, Brynn, Hallie, Hayley

They also went to a trampoline park, did a service project, and had a youth dance. It was a fun couple of days and gave the kids something to do which I was happy about.

Since Ivy was the only one home, I took her to get a cheeseburger at Dairy Keen and we played lots of games. 

Justin's birthday was the second day of youth conference. He was home working on his dreaded and despised school project. We did our best to celebrate him when he took breaks. For breakfast he wanted ham and egg cups.

I can't remember what we did for lunch that day. For dinner, he really wanted to dust off the outdoor pizza oven. So I got all the stuff for that and we watched the weather. Justin said it was warm enough for him so pizza it was! So delicious!

For his gifts, I had the kids tell me what they thought his favorite treat was and got all of those at the store earlier in the week. They each chose the most garish/random gift bag from our stash to wrap their chosen treat in and then they had to tell him the thing they love most about him before he could get his treat from them. Ivy gave him almond joys, Brynn gave him a symphony bar, Stockton gave him cow tails, and Molly gave him raisinets. These kids are fans of their dad!

Justin and I don't always do gifts for each other, which is fine, but I did have a surprise for him this year. He has an empty spot in his church office and has been wanting to hang a picture there for a while. The previous bishop bought one but then took it home when he was released and Justin was called. So. That's what I did for Justin this year. Both my mom and his mom contributed as well. I knew I wanted this specific artist since he's Korean and I also know I wanted sheep to be in the picture because I feel like a bishop is like a shepherd to his ward flock, specifically the youth. So I found this picture which I thought was beautiful. I liked the mountains since our home has always been the Rocky Mountains and I also think it will look nice in our house when he is done bishoping. He liked it too so I felt like I was able to pull off a successful surprise. We hung it in his office the next Sunday and it was a perfect fit.

We had twinkies for his birthday cake and one of his counselors and family came over to sing to him. Most of the older kids went to the stake dance but they have a younger boy and he and Ivy had a blast playing for a couple of hours while we visited with Dale and Ann.

Ivy got this blanket making kit for her birthday clear back when she turned 7.  She's worked on it here and there but has never actually got the entire thing finished. She pulled it out one day and realized she was so close so we finished it up...voila! Done!

Molly came with me to the Stake Relief Society meeting. She is on the cusp of entering RS for good and I'm excited to attend more things like this with her.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! The kids woke up to green milk and a few small surprises for each of them. Outside of that, it was a typical Monday at the Goodrich household.

Tumble Central had their nationals send-off. All the teams performed.  Justin went to watch Brynn while I went to the parent meeting for high school cheer tryouts which was at the same time. All the other teams were heading to their nationals competition that week with their seasons ending the following week; Brynn's team is still working hard in preparation for Summit in May.

Brynn is fourth in from the right in the third row from bottom

Rachelle and her boys were in town for a weekend so we were able to go down for Sunday dinner and see everyone. So good when these cousins can get together. They are good friends even though they don't see each other more than a couple times each year.

Luke, Grayson, Andrew, Evie, Molly, Ivy, Sam, Eli, Stockton, Jake, Brynn
Eric, Heidi, Brett, me, Rachelle, Gene, April, Justin
Rachelle is a favorite of everyone!

Home opener for Wasatch baseball! Coach McCoy invited all the younger Wasatch teams to come watch the Varsity game and run the bases when the game was over. Stockton played JV following that. Two wins for the day, off to a great start!

Stockton's in there somewhere!

Brynn made the decision to try out for high school cheer for freshman year. The tryouts were the last week of March. For the months leading up to tryouts she was pretty set on staying at TCA and doing all-star cheer but about 9 days before high school tryouts started, she decided she wanted to give high school a try. So that was a big week for her. They had Monday and Tuesday with tryout clinics...they learned the cheers and dance and worked on their tumbling. The official tryout was Wednesday. She was there for about 5 hours. She did two rounds of tryouts and then got one call-back. (This was all in addition to all-star practice.) She felt pretty good about how she had done but they had to wait until Friday to find out who made the team. When she got home from school that day, she found a WHS sign out in front of our fence with her name on it and a balloon tied to it.  She had made the team! She was really happy and we are excited for her to be involved in this way.

Stockton had a game that day at home and my parents were able to come and watch him. They have been so excited to watch some Wasatch baseball since they missed the last season. This was the start of our Spring Break and they took him home to Plain City after his game.

Grandma and Grandpa Moyes
Brynn begged me to buy some drawer organizers so she could organize her make-up in the bathroom. She's had all of it in her room up until this. She was so excited when they finally came and got right to work organizing. It made her so happy. I told her that she should grow up to be either a professional organizer or an esthetician.
In January we moved to 11:30 church which is so wonderful. I love having the extra time in the morning. The kids love it too! On this particular Sunday morning, Justin was leaving for his meetings and Ivy came up in my bed and we both laid in bed and read books. It was wonderful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brynn @ 18 months

Yes, you read that right.  Brynn is 18 months old!!  She is so fun to have around the house and I haven't done a post devoted just to her for a while, so I thought it was about time. -She loves books!  She was never really that interested until sometime in the past couple months and now she can't get enough.  Sacrament meeting went from impossible to we can make it through...as long as I pack enough books for her.  This is how I often find her at night or during nap time. -She also loves blankets and towels, although she is not particular about which blanket.  She just wants something soft. She wants to walk around all over with them wrapped around her...they don't stay very well and she gets frustrated.  For that reason, I try to keep her blankets out of sight during the day. They come out when it's time to sleep. -Like my other kids, she loves her warm milk!  Actually, she'll drink it cold too. -She is a quiet one, always has ...

Kids pictures, Fall 2012

These pictures took a couple of tries to get them, the first appointment we had scheduled had to be canceled because it was so windy!  Luckily the weather held out for us, and even though it was quite chilly, the kids cooperated beautifully and the pictures turned out great! Molly, age 6 -likes to watch My Little Pony -is an awesome reader -loves breads/baked goods -happily plays whatever her siblings want to play -but also likes video games and making crafts/coloring/writing/drawing -is doing well in her gymnastics class -has so many friends -is excited about reading t he first Harry Potter -just started S enior Primary -en joys our piano lessons and gets excited to learn new songs       Stockton, age 3 -is on a superhero kick, loves to watch Avengers -but still loves his cars, especially playing them with Dad -loves warm milk -is a picky eater and has gotten even worse lately -loves to color -writes his loooong name like a...

Christmas Advent 2012

Okay, here goes... Day 1: paint clay ornaments When we cut down trees this year there were a bunch of tops already cut down just lying on the ground so we took a couple home...one for Molly and Stockton's room and one for Brynn's room.  When the ornaments were dry I hung them on their little trees. Day 2: watch the Christmas Devotional (And eat Christmas corn!) Day 3: library story time Stockton was pretty nervous to see Santa but I think he was even more scared of not telling him what he wanted for Christmas.  He's smiling but it's a nervous smile!   Brynn had no reaction.   Day 4: Santa face craft   Day 5: Festival of Lights   Day 6: write letters to Santa Stockton: "Captain America" Molly: "an easy bake oven" & "a car for Molly"    Day 7: go shopping for cousin exchange and wrap presents Day 8: North Pole Express with Moyes family           ...