Skip to main content

Halloween

Moyes Halloween party-

It was just me and the girls this year.  Stockton was playing baseball in St. George that weekend and Justin (who was going to take him) ended up with a sinus infection and pneumonia.  He was feeling a little better by that Saturday but had only been on his antibiotic for a day and still was feeling tired.  So Stockton went with another baseball family and Justin stayed home.  Here's a picture of the girls.  Molly: zebra, Brynn: chicken (from grandma's costume bin), Ivy: zombie prom queen.

We had beautiful weather for the party.  My mom had fun games planned, we carved/painted pumpkins, had dinner, and went to the Walker's for the spook alley.

Lucy, Ivy, Josie

Grant, Spencer, Ivy
Molly, Abby, Chloe, Gavin...and sun!
Brynn, Harper, Grace
Brynn, Harper, Abby, Ben, Gavin, Chloe, Molly
Grant, Spencer, Grace, Ivy, Josie, Tessa, Lucy
 
Ward Halloween Party-

This is always very well attended and it's so fun to see costumes and mingle with ward members.  Also, we get to eat yummy soup (my taco soup won top three, yay).  The kids get to trick or treat around the classrooms and do a Halloween parade.

Halloween Day-

Man, this day is just full of fun and so jam-packed.  I got the kids off to school.  Brynn and Ivy dressed up. I threw together some homemade scone dough and then went to see Ivy at the Halloween parade.

Kaliyah Pili, Ivy

At home I made honey butter and cinnamon butter.  Then back to school to help with class party.  4th grade does "primitive skills day" and I helped with the weaving rotation.

I left a little early from there to take Stockton his baseball gear.  He was having a quick practice/scrimmage and had managed to borrow a unicorn onesie from someone.  I also dropped Brynn at Shaylee's house where she was spending the evening.

Stockton is fourth in from left in the back

Then home for piano lessons.  I had 2/4 of my students come that afternoon.  Then we ate dinner (homemade scones and I had made a double batch of taco soup the day before-for ward party and Halloween night), got ready (Ivy was ready to have her makeup and hair done), then off to trick-or-treat.  Ivy wanted to go with a friend so Gracen came with us.  They literally sprinted to houses for the first hour but slowed down after that, thankfully.  They hit all the houses in the Heber Meadows neighborhood and got so much candy!  After two hours, they were tired enough to be done (they had talked about also going to Gracen's neighborhood) so I brought them home and they dumped out their loot and started to trade, until Gracen's mom came to get her.  Justin got home from work, changed, took Stockton to Sam Freeman's party, and then joined us for the last bit of trick-or-treating.

Gracen Nalette and Ivy
they found some other friends that night!  Oaklyn Holm, Gracen, London Mathis, Ivy, Rocky Crane, Millie Hill
Ivy and Gracen
I got Ivy tubbed and in bed then went to get Brynn.  Their costume, I was told, was Soldier Boy (I have no idea who or what that is) and is really spelled like "Soulja Boy" haha.  They went trick-or-treating and got their fair share of candy as well.
Shaylee Williams and Brynn

Molly had her cute friends at our house.  They ate the food I had made, worked on homework (it never ends), played Clue, and watched a scary movie.  They were so giggly and Justin and I loved that they felt welcomed and comfortable in our home.

Jackie Bingham, Molly, Brynna Russell, Amberly Howe, Regan Heywood, Sarah Hottle

 Happy Halloween! Yay November!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brynn @ 18 months

Yes, you read that right.  Brynn is 18 months old!!  She is so fun to have around the house and I haven't done a post devoted just to her for a while, so I thought it was about time. -She loves books!  She was never really that interested until sometime in the past couple months and now she can't get enough.  Sacrament meeting went from impossible to we can make it through...as long as I pack enough books for her.  This is how I often find her at night or during nap time. -She also loves blankets and towels, although she is not particular about which blanket.  She just wants something soft. She wants to walk around all over with them wrapped around her...they don't stay very well and she gets frustrated.  For that reason, I try to keep her blankets out of sight during the day. They come out when it's time to sleep. -Like my other kids, she loves her warm milk!  Actually, she'll drink it cold too. -She is a quiet one, always has ...

Kids pictures, Fall 2012

These pictures took a couple of tries to get them, the first appointment we had scheduled had to be canceled because it was so windy!  Luckily the weather held out for us, and even though it was quite chilly, the kids cooperated beautifully and the pictures turned out great! Molly, age 6 -likes to watch My Little Pony -is an awesome reader -loves breads/baked goods -happily plays whatever her siblings want to play -but also likes video games and making crafts/coloring/writing/drawing -is doing well in her gymnastics class -has so many friends -is excited about reading t he first Harry Potter -just started S enior Primary -en joys our piano lessons and gets excited to learn new songs       Stockton, age 3 -is on a superhero kick, loves to watch Avengers -but still loves his cars, especially playing them with Dad -loves warm milk -is a picky eater and has gotten even worse lately -loves to color -writes his loooong name like a...

Christmas Advent 2012

Okay, here goes... Day 1: paint clay ornaments When we cut down trees this year there were a bunch of tops already cut down just lying on the ground so we took a couple home...one for Molly and Stockton's room and one for Brynn's room.  When the ornaments were dry I hung them on their little trees. Day 2: watch the Christmas Devotional (And eat Christmas corn!) Day 3: library story time Stockton was pretty nervous to see Santa but I think he was even more scared of not telling him what he wanted for Christmas.  He's smiling but it's a nervous smile!   Brynn had no reaction.   Day 4: Santa face craft   Day 5: Festival of Lights   Day 6: write letters to Santa Stockton: "Captain America" Molly: "an easy bake oven" & "a car for Molly"    Day 7: go shopping for cousin exchange and wrap presents Day 8: North Pole Express with Moyes family           ...