Stockton continues to play baseball. Every season we think there is not going to be a team...and then there is! He has been working out twice a week with the high school team/coaches. He will try out at the end of the winter for high school spring ball. We will see how that goes but for now he enjoys playing when he gets the chance. They work them hard, a lot of conditioning-type stuff and he comes home sore. They are putting a couple of teams together for the fall and he is excited for that. It also looks like he will play with the team that he went to Cooperstown with, the boys just younger than him. He cheers on his Braves religiously and is definitely not a fair-weather fan.
Stockton has always worn a hat. It was rare to see him without a hat unless we were going to church. He still wears a hat most days but he had his friend's mom give him a haircut toward the end of school and started going without a hat more. It was long and shaggy on top and he had a hard time styling it and he played with it constantly. But I said nothing because it was what he wanted and I don't really care about hairstyles. He recently had her cut it a little shorter and I'm happy about that.
Stockton is not a picky eater but he is not really a healthy eater. He loves milk and chocolate milk. He hates beans but is okay with most everything else. He is not big on either fruit or veggies. He used to eat raw veggies with ranch but his braces have prevented that since he got them on. He will eat a big salad with meat and other toppings. He is good to try new things. I am waiting for that teenager appetite to kick in-he has a good appetite but not crazy like I've heard growing boys can be!
Stockton has had his braces for almost 7 months. He probably has a year and half left. I am pleased at how much they have already straightened his teeth and look forward to how they will look when they come off.
Stockton has always been good at making friends and that has been a good thing for him through his middle school years. He is good friends with the boys in his teachers quorum but they are mostly a grade younger (except for a couple born Fall 2008) and will stay in middle school while Stockton will be at the high school. So that will be interesting to see how that goes. He found a new group of friends this past year that will be at the high school with him. So he has a few different groups of friends. He has been more social this past year, getting out most weekends to hang out with friends. He even had a "girlfriend" for a few months. I say this very loosely because they are too young for that and were not allowed to be alone ever but they liked each other and even held hands. He didn't like us teasing him and so we tried not to too much but it was hard not to tease sometimes, especially for Justin. But we told him it was fine and was totally normal and healthy to start having those kinds of feelings. He was a little bit heartbroken when she told him they should just be friends but that led to a discussion about how he might be a lot happier if he didn't have a girlfriend in high school and that seems to make sense to him.
I can't believe Stockton will be starting high school. But as hard as it is to believe, he is ready. He has grown up a lot in the last year and almost seems too young for middle school. Funny how that works-you think they're not ready and then they just are. He doesn't love school and is not anxious for it to start back up in a couple of weeks. I have helped him the past couple of years to keep his classes and assignments organized so we will see how he does in that area. High school can be a really fun time of life and I am excited for the experiences he will be having these next four years. I know the years will fly by.
Stockton was blessed with three sisters and, for the most part, he seems to be okay with that. I mean, there is nothing he can do about it so he might as well be okay with it! When he gets bored, he will resort to playing with Brynn and Ivy. A lot of pestering goes on as well so I guess you can say he is doing a good job at being a big brother! But I do love when he comes out of his teenager shell and makes up some sort of game or activity for them. Molly is often doing her own thing but I'm excited that they are back at the same school, I think that will be a bonding experience for them the next couple of years.
Stockton has had a huge growth spurt this last year. He is nearly as tall as Molly and me and will pass us up soon enough. He hopes to get taller than Justin. His shoe size jumped a bunch of sizes this year and he quickly outgrew the shoes he had at the beginning of the school year. He will need a whole new wardrobe for school this year, all of his pants will for sure be too short.
No matter what brand of socks I get for Stockton (cheap or name-brand), he gets holes in his heels so fast. This is so random. It must be the way he walks or something. I used to get after him for wearing socks outside with no shoes on but that is not it. It is a mystery!
Stockton is a hat collector. He has so many. He likes to collect them but he doesn't wear them evenly. He gets a hat, wears it until it is worn out and filthy and then buys another. He's got another one in the mail right now because his current hat is looking pretty sad. Most hats are Braves hats-the last several have all been Braves hats.
Stockton is currently serving as the teacher's quorum secretary. He is expected to attend presidency meetings and keep track of what activities are happening when, who is teaching on Sundays, who is preparing the sacrament each week, who provides the bread each week, and send out the messages each week. He is doing a great job keeping the quorum organized.
Stockton does not like to read and he is too old for me to "make" him read, which is really ineffective anyway. He still gets Sports Illustrated Kids magazines that I think he skims through.
Stockton loves camping and backpacking and could go every week all summer and be happy.
Stockton's birthday interview:

Comments
Post a Comment