Ivy still has a deep love for princesses. She’s not too picky about which princess but she has been on an Elena of Avalor kick since Christmas and getting a Kindle and discovering the show on Disney+. Just like she did when she loved Sofia the First, she watches Elena faithfully, over and over and over again.
Ivy has a routine when I tuck her into bed at night and I love it. She does a special nighttime kiss on each of my cheeks, my forehead, chin, nose, and eyes and then gives me a big smooch and hug. It is very sweet and I never want her to grow out of it.
Ivy has a hard time falling asleep at night without the help of half a melatonin. She has to sleep tucked in her mermaid blanket with at least one “stuffy” to snuggle. Currently, her stuffy of choice is Molly’s stuffed penguin that she got at Sea World a few years ago.
Ivy is a smarty-pants. She caught on really well at preschool, can read several 3-4 letter words, and is well on her way to reading. She is going to rock Kindergarten this fall! She has mixed feelings about going to Kindergarten-she is excited to go and meet new friends but is worried about missing me. I am going to opt her out of all-day Kinder and just do half day so I have guaranteed her that we will be able to eat lunch together, read books, and do activities in the afternoon before the big kids get home.
Ivy really enjoyed going to preschool and made a couple of cute friends from her class. She was sad and missed her friends the most when schools were closed mid-March. Reese Allen and Ali Robinson were the two girls who she became closest to; sadly there was a little bit of girl drama with Ali, who tended to pick a favorite friend each day. It was a little hard for Ivy to understand that dynamic- and sad to see it happening as early as preschool! Both of those girls will go to a different school for Kindergarten but Ivy will continue to see Reese, as her older sister comes for piano and Reese often tags along to play with Ivy during the lesson. That is a friendship I am happy to see continue since Reese has always been a nice girl.
Ivy has beautiful, long hair with natural highlights throughout. But-she hates having her hair combed almost more than anything else. It is a struggle. She prefers Justin to brush it out, if he’s home, because she says he’s softer. He probably is. I hate seeing straggly hair, almost more than anything, so I still make her sit and get it combed almost everyday, even if it's not until lunchtime, and will continue to do so.
Ivy wants to grow up and take ballet lessons. She says she wants to be a “ballet-er.”
Ivy says her favorite food is corn on the cob but pasta of any form is a close second. That is what she eats the best when I make it for dinner.
Ivy likes to sing. She enjoyed the songs they sang everyday at preschool and is pretty good at learning the songs we sing in Primary (back when we actually could go to church). She learned “Come, Follow Me” as a Sunbeam really well and we sing it often. It is really cute to listen to her singing.
Ivy has the cutest little voice. She has a harder time with “r’s” and “l’s”. She might need some help with them further down the road, but right now I love listening to her talk and sing. It’s always a little sad to hear your kids grow out of their toddler speech and words.
Ivy is like any other girl-she loves wearing makeup, lip gloss, painting her nails, and wearing twirly dresses. She likes to carry around bags.
Ivy has an adorable pouty face. It’s hard to take her too seriously when she pulls her pouty face. She definitely does not like being laughed at!
Ivy has a routine when I tuck her into bed at night and I love it. She does a special nighttime kiss on each of my cheeks, my forehead, chin, nose, and eyes and then gives me a big smooch and hug. It is very sweet and I never want her to grow out of it.
Ivy has a hard time falling asleep at night without the help of half a melatonin. She has to sleep tucked in her mermaid blanket with at least one “stuffy” to snuggle. Currently, her stuffy of choice is Molly’s stuffed penguin that she got at Sea World a few years ago.
Ivy is a smarty-pants. She caught on really well at preschool, can read several 3-4 letter words, and is well on her way to reading. She is going to rock Kindergarten this fall! She has mixed feelings about going to Kindergarten-she is excited to go and meet new friends but is worried about missing me. I am going to opt her out of all-day Kinder and just do half day so I have guaranteed her that we will be able to eat lunch together, read books, and do activities in the afternoon before the big kids get home.
Ivy really enjoyed going to preschool and made a couple of cute friends from her class. She was sad and missed her friends the most when schools were closed mid-March. Reese Allen and Ali Robinson were the two girls who she became closest to; sadly there was a little bit of girl drama with Ali, who tended to pick a favorite friend each day. It was a little hard for Ivy to understand that dynamic- and sad to see it happening as early as preschool! Both of those girls will go to a different school for Kindergarten but Ivy will continue to see Reese, as her older sister comes for piano and Reese often tags along to play with Ivy during the lesson. That is a friendship I am happy to see continue since Reese has always been a nice girl.
Ivy has beautiful, long hair with natural highlights throughout. But-she hates having her hair combed almost more than anything else. It is a struggle. She prefers Justin to brush it out, if he’s home, because she says he’s softer. He probably is. I hate seeing straggly hair, almost more than anything, so I still make her sit and get it combed almost everyday, even if it's not until lunchtime, and will continue to do so.
Ivy wants to grow up and take ballet lessons. She says she wants to be a “ballet-er.”
Ivy says her favorite food is corn on the cob but pasta of any form is a close second. That is what she eats the best when I make it for dinner.
Ivy likes to sing. She enjoyed the songs they sang everyday at preschool and is pretty good at learning the songs we sing in Primary (back when we actually could go to church). She learned “Come, Follow Me” as a Sunbeam really well and we sing it often. It is really cute to listen to her singing.
Ivy has the cutest little voice. She has a harder time with “r’s” and “l’s”. She might need some help with them further down the road, but right now I love listening to her talk and sing. It’s always a little sad to hear your kids grow out of their toddler speech and words.
Ivy is like any other girl-she loves wearing makeup, lip gloss, painting her nails, and wearing twirly dresses. She likes to carry around bags.
Ivy has an adorable pouty face. It’s hard to take her too seriously when she pulls her pouty face. She definitely does not like being laughed at!
Ivy loves fruit snacks! It’s always the first snack that she has each day when she has the go-ahead for a snack.
Ivy sticks her tongue out or chews on it when she is really concentrating on something.
Ivy’s birthday interview:
(Given May 10th)
Favorite color: red (the color of Elena's dress)
Favorite movie: Belle
Favorite breakfast: crepes
Favorite dinner: corn on the cob
Best friend: Verity (Phelps)
Favorite TV show: Elena of Avalor
Favorite scripture story: when the kids came to Jesus
Favorite book: Alan’s Big Scary Teeth (just checked out from the library) and Princess for a Day (Grandma’s latest “book of the month” book)
Favorite game: Sushi Go
Favorite story: Elena stories
Other kids think that I am: That I’m always pretty.
What do you like about your Mom? That she always makes good meals and that she’s a good cook.
What do you like about your Dad? That he always wrestles us and steamrolls us.
What do you like about Molly? That she always baby-sits us when you and dad are gone.
What do you like about Stockton? That he always does a light-saber fight with me.
What do you like about Brynn? That she always plays with me.
What do you like about yourself? That I always follow Jesus’ commandments now.
When I grow up I want to be: ballet teacher
I like learning about: Jesus
I want to go to: my grandma’s and Jesus’s
If I had one wish it would be: That I could have my own unicorn.
Favorite thing to do: play with my friends
Favorite song: Elena songs


Comments
Post a Comment