We took a little more time on this morning to get ready and over to the park. The kids needed baths and we were just feeling a little more relaxed. Our plan for the day was to split our time between both parks and try to hit every ride we hadn't gotten to yet. We also took some time right when we got there to take pictures at the entrance. We were in too big of a hurry the first couple days to do this.
I don't think walking down Main Street ever loses its excitement.
We headed to New Orleans Square first and hopped on Pirates of the Carribean. Stockton had been saying for weeks that he wasn't going to go on this ride and I didn't think I was going to make him, but when it came down to it, no one really wanted to sit out so we made him and Brynn ride it. They didn't like it but they did fine. Pirates was a ride that Molly did not like last time but loved it this time around.
Since we were close, the kids ran through Tarzan's Treehouse again with Grandpa while Justin got Fastpasses for Indiana Jones (we had already been on it on Day One, but we were right there so we thought we might as well do it again).
Our next stop was Winnie the Pooh. We had to walk past a favorite, Splash Mountain, because it was closed. It opened the day after we left and we were a little bummed but that's the way it was and there were plenty of other things to do. Anyway, Stockton and Brynn thoroughly enjoyed Winnie the Pooh. It is a pretty cute little ride.
We bumped into Princess Tiana while walking back from Winnie the Pooh.
After that was a ride on the Sailing Ship Colombia, which I had never done before. It went all around a little island where you see some pirates loot, Indians, and a few other things. You could also go underneath the deck and explore where sailors would eat and sleep and stuff. Stockton especially liked the guns and swords hanging on the walls down there.
The Haunted Mansion was next, and yes, we took all the kids on that one too. We wanted to do it all! They were pretty scared (even Molly) and maybe we shouldn't have taken them but they soon forgot about it with all the other fun things we did the rest of the day.
We still had some time to kill before Indiana Jones so we ran over to Fantasyland to ride the Alice in Wonderland ride since we hadn't done that one yet either. Some of these rides had long lines the first day that we didn't want to deal with, but now we were ready to stand in line for them.
When that was over, we walked back to Indiana Jones and did that. Justin and I took Molly first while my mom and dad took Stockton and Brynn (who was sleeping) and found a place to eat our lunch. Molly was such a lucky girl and got to do double of almost every ride because after she ate some lunch she got to go back to Indiana Jones with Grandma and Grandpa. (Stroller passes and Fastpasses are wonderful!) Brynn was still sleeping so I took Stocky to ride Winnie the Pooh one more time, since he had loved it so much. He was so cute and fun, waving to all the characters and giggling.
The last thing we did in this area was ride a river barge over to Tom Sawyer Island. This is also something I've never done but the kids had a blast exploring the island. It is a lot bigger than it looks!
The last ride we wanted to get to in Disneyland was the Peter Pan ride. This was possibly our longest wait for a ride. And it was probably the shortest ride. But we managed and this was the one "dark" ride that Stockton enjoyed. He really liked it and if it wasn't such a wait we probably would have taken him back.
| Killing time during the wait (about 30 min). |
We also rode the Carrousel since it was right there and Brynn's favorite.
After that we walked over to California Adventure. We got there just in time to catch the Disney Jr. show, which was something we were hoping to do since we knew Stocky and Brynn would enjoy seeing a few of their favorite characters...Mickey and Minnie, Doc McStuffins, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Sofia the First. It also gave us a chance to rest our legs for a little bit.
When it was over, Justin grabbed some Tower of Terror Fastpasses for later and then we walked over to Toy Story Mania.
This was another favorite for all of us, from Stockton up to Grandma and Grandpa. Super fun.
Then it was on to Tower of Terror again. I was reluctant to go but told Molly I would, so it was time for me to face to my fears. I was pretty nervous to ride it but it turned out okay, actually pretty fun. I'm still a roller coaster girl, but now I know I can handle the drops as well.
While Justin and I were doing that with Molly, Stocky and Brynn got to ride the Ariel ride again. Then it was time for dinner and a few last rides: Golden Zephyr, Jumpin' Jellyfish, the swings again for Stockton and Grandma, and Grandpa and Brynn to the Carousel.
Justin, Molly, and I tried to get on California Screamin one last time but it was closed so we just did the Carousel again.
We were craving a treat so we finished the night off with some Ghiradelli ice cream. Yum!
I love reading about your days! It gives me ideas of new things we should try and things that the kids will live/dislike. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete